Monday, February 9, 2009

The Easiest Blanket You'll Ever Make

A friend asked me this weekend how to make these fleece blankets. They are quick and simple to make, are super cozy, and are great gifts, or an inexpensive way to cheer up a room in your home. In this case, they also make great dog beds! (for a full-length adult human sized blanket you'll want about 2 1/2 yards of fleece per piece:

You need two pieces of fleece the same size. Trim the uneven edges off the side. Lay the pieces on top of each other and line them up when you do this.


Cut approx. four-inch square corners of each corner of both pieces of fleece.


On each side, cut four inches deep slits about an inch to an inch and a quarter wide (do this with the two pieces of fleece on top of each other, lined up)



Then tie in double knots all the way along the edge.



Repeat for all four sides of the blanket. The fleece will scrunch up as you tie, so periodically grip each corner and gently pull to stretch it out, and maintain a rectangular shape.


That's it! Easy as pie! Bella sure loves her new blanket. I placed a regular pillow under it and made a make-shift bed for my office for the days I work from home and she stays in there with me. Now she can be comfy while I'm hard at work :)



Happy Monday to all!

5 comments:

Alison said...

I love this - and the step-by-step instructions are great. I am going to make a baby blanket this weekend to wrap a large present for a baby shower in... :)

Joanne said...

What a cute idea!

Joanne said...

Forward me a photo when you're done and I'll post it!

Night Owl Mama said...

So easy my 8 yr old can do this. would make an great project for girls at a bday sleep over! Then they can keep the blankey and take it home.

Joanne said...

What a cute idea!