Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Origami Valentines Boxes

I love to make origami boxes, they are the perfect way to package little gifts, cookies, or candy. When I made these particular boxes over the weekend, I used plain colored lightweight cardstock and stamped designs on it. You'll need two squares of paper/cardstock, one slightly smaller than the other. Unfortunately, I stuffed these boxes a little TOO full of Valentines goodies, so they ended up a little mis-shapen. But hey, they work.


Here are a couple of photos of the boxes done WELL - when I made them for my good friend Heather's baby shower last year. We used little candles in the boxes for favors:



I'd love to provide step-by-step text how-to on the folds, but I'll have to add that at a later time (it will take a while) so hopefully the pictures are relatively self-explanatory for now. Don't hesitate to ask if you have specific questions.




















5 comments:

Lindsey Wolfe said...

My mom makes those - they are great! Kyle and Sarah used them for their favors at their wedding! Very cute with the stamps and such Joanne!

Joanne said...

Thanks! Wedding favors is such a cute idea! I've used them for shower favors before as well.

Dot said...

How cute! I think your pictures are pretty explanatory, but then, I haven't attempted it yet :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog, glad you liked the pin. Yes, actually I made it for a gift having nothing to do with Valentines day (and the other I made is flower shaped) -- it was just a happy coincidence that it was this time of year!

Dot

Alison said...

Love them! You'll have to show me how sometime...

SiSi Sparkles said...

ohhh I love these!! thanks for the step by step instructions:) super cutee idea