Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cupcake Party Sneak Peak

As you know by now, I'm working on a lot of crafty goodness for my niece Lily's first birthday party. I vowed not to post too much about it on here, because I want it to be as much of a surprise as possible for the guests - and I know that some of them read this blog.

However... I think it's pretty obvious what dessert at a cupcake party would be... and I'm so excited about Heather, Mariah and I's baking adventures today that I just had to share a little sneak peak of this...


and this...



and finally this... because Lily is just adorable...



We used a basic cupcake recipe and Superkid cupcake recipe from one of my favorite blogs, Saucy's Sprinkles. Go check her out - Saucy's a sweet and sassy gal and her blog is a lot of fun to read.

I'll do a full reveal of the finished product and all other things cupcake next weekend. In the meantime, if you haven't already, head over to Dabbled.org to see my pinata project that is featured there today... and stay tuned for new projects here starting Monday!

5 comments:

LollyChops said...

OMGoodness!!! I can hardly wait to get the dish on those cupcakes from the top!! How completely cool!

.....and wow girl... you made a TON of cupcakes!

HUGS!

Alison said...

I love the Superkid cupcakes (and the new background too!) !

Joanne said...

I thought you might like the background colors in particular, Alison!

And yes, Lolly, a TON of cupcakes - these pictures don't even show the half of it!

UK lass in US said...

They look great. So why is it that this is what happens when I attempt fairy cakes with a cake mix, then?

http://uklassinus.blogspot.com/2008/08/next-time-ill-try-cookies.html

Thank you for the sweet comment about the smocked top. I'm a beginner at all this stuff, so if you can iron and make the odd stitch, you can smock.

Rachael Hutchings said...

HOLY GUACAMOLE!!! You're going to be eating cupcakes for years, just like me!! :-) YUM.