Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thrifty Finds: Beads & Oil Cloth

While spending time on Lake Michigan in South Haven this weekend, I had the opportunity to do a little shopping in the many local boutiques and antique shops. The shopping is one of many things I luuuuuuuuurve about South Haven - you never know what you are going to find!

On this excursion, I picked up a yard of this beautiful oil cloth. There's a little store that sells it be the yard in over twenty different retro floral prints. It was so hard to choose!

And then, at an antiques store, I stumbled across this...


Completely random, right? A box jam packed full of glass beads - for $5.00! PLUS - the booth I found it in was having a 20% off sale! Talk about a thrifty find! Time to channel my inner jewelry maker and get going on some summer accessories!


2 comments:

Alison said...

What will you be using the oil cloth for? It is so cute!

Joanne said...

Would you believe a travel, collapsible pet water dish?! True story! It would be beautiful for an outdoor table cloth, too...