Sunday, June 28, 2009

Recipe Share - Strawberry Margarita Pie

I meant to take a photo BEFORE people starting eating this yummy dessert... oops!


This recipe was found in a "Cool Whip" recipe book and I've made it over and over again. It's quick, easy, and tasty on a warm summers day!

I use either a store bought pie crust, or make my own from crushed pretzels.

The filling is one can on sweetened condensed milk, 1/2 cup of lime juice (fresh squeezed), 2 cups of pureed strawberries, and a container of cool whip.

Mix together the strawberries, lime juice, and condensed milk until well combined.

Fold in cool whip, pour into pie crust, and pop in the freezer!

You can eat it frozen like an ice cream cake - but I like it best when it has sat out a little while and the filling is more like a mousse than an ice cream.

No comments: