Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Flip Flops Two Ways - Part One

Sorry I've been absent for a few days - would you believe I've come down with a yucky cold/sinus type thing in the middle of summer? Gross! I've been sleeping a lot and trying to get better, because my birthday is on Thursday! Yeah!

With being sick, I haven't felt like doing a ton of crafting, but I did want to share with you some photos from my jewelry/fashion art class yesterday.

We're making flip flops - two ways. I'm using a ribbon flip flop tutorial that I found HERE





and a flower flip flop tutorial I found HERE.





There are so many fun and inexpensive ways to jazz up a pair of cheap flip flops - I'm already coming up with a few new ways of my own. We bought our flip flops for 50% off at Hobby Lobby - just 75 cents a pair! I know that Michaels and JoAnn's have good deals on them too, and there's always the good old Old Navy flip flops too.

The girls had a great time with this project, and were super focused on the details. We ran out of time in class to finish our flip flops, but will be finishing them up next week. Stay tuned for Flip Flops Two Ways - Part Two, to see how they all turned out!

No comments: