Friday, December 25, 2009

The (long-awaited) Scarf

In May of this past year, I was in the midst of knitting a scarf for my friend Heather's birthday.  By the time her special day arrived, it wasn't done.  I'd only been knitting a few months at that point and the yarn I had chosen was proving very difficult to knit with.  I wrapped up the unfinished scarf, needles and all, and gave it to her - letting her know that I'd finish it ASAP.

Flash forward seven months:

The Scarf is FINALLY finished.
 
But let me explain!  Shortly after Heather's birthday, I screwed up the original scarf.  I don't even remember what happened.  I think I dropped some stitches off the needles and panicked.  I hated the yard anyways so I started over.
 
 
For a whole variety of reasons, scarfs 2, 3 and 4 didn't work out.  Not enough yarn and the yarn store that sold it closing (seriously!), dropped stitches, yarn that didn't knit up nice.  What a disaster!
 
I finished it just in time (days before!) to give to Heather for Christmas.  Better late than never, right?!  Merry Christmas!
 


No comments: