Monday, April 12, 2010

Invitations

At the end of last week I sat down to design the invitations for Lily's Bug Birthday Party.  Here's what I came up with...


I used Stampin' Up!'s "Bugs & Kisses" stamp set for the cards, and folded the envelopes out of scrapbook paper in the same design as the fabric swatches I showed you before.

Over the weekend, Heather (Lily's mom) and I assembled twenty matching invitations and envelopes.




Heather is new to stamping, and was a little intimidated - but she did PERFECTLY!  In fact, she ended up doing all the stamping (every single one of those colored bugs!) while I did the cutting and assembling.  I think the insides of the invites look really cute, too!


We had a lot of fun chatting, stamping, and assembling, and I think it made both of us even more excited for the party!

Stampin' Up! Supplies Used:  Stamp sets:  Bugs & Kisses, Introducing.  Inks:  Real Red, Only Orange, YoYo Yellow, Orchid Opulence, Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise.  Cardstock:  YoYo Yellow, Whisper White, Green Galore, Real Red.  Accessories:  Stazon Black Ink, Real Red 1/4 Grosgrain Ribbon, Big Shot Machine, Texture plates for the Big Shot.  Want to order any of these supplies or other Stampin' Up! products?  Head to my SU website and click on "Shop Now"

3 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

those are super cute!!!

Maiden Jane said...

Those are the cutest things! Am I too old to have a bug party just so I can be that creative?

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Those are sooo adorable! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

And I love that yellow dot paper you used underneath- very versatile!