Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Brights

Color is such a key part of any craft project - and when Stampin' Up! released its new 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog this month, one of the most exciting components was the fresh and new color collections.  There are four core color groups:  Brights, Subtles, Regals and Neutrals - and each set of colors is current and fun.

As a demonstrator, it's fun for me to learn more about color, and to play with new color combinations in our color families.  Yesterday I finally had some time to stamp, so I grabbed my Awash With Flowers stamp set and four of my favorite colors from the Brights collection (Rich Razzleberry, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Melon Mambo) and created a set of eight cards:




I think I'm going to challenge myself to work with lots of different color combinations in our new color collections.  Most oftentimes when I'm stamping I have a specific color in mind, or I just gra a few colors as I'm going along.  I'm thinking I'm going to challenge myself by "assigning" myself color combinations ahead of time and seeing what happens!

How do you use color in your projects?  Do you start out with specifics in mind?  Or let the colorific ideas flow?

Here's a little video from Stampin' Up! introducing our color collections.  Which set of colors is YOUR favorite?


Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

AVinNYC said...

Wow- those cards are wicked cute!!