Friday, September 10, 2010

Summer in Review: What my blog friends have been up to!

If you didn't catch my "Summer in Review:  Ready, Set, Craft!" post be sure to check it out here, I took a little look back at the crafty things I accomplished this summer - which turned out to be a lot more than I realized!  Now that summer is over I'm getting back into the swing of all things blog-related, and catching up with all my blog friends and seeing what they've been up to.

I've said it once, and I will say it again, I am constantly inspired by all of the crafty women I've met through blogging - it's hands down been the best part of thie experience.  Check out what some of my favorite crafty bloggers (and friends!) have been up to this summer - you'll be inspired too!

angelina la dawn tomato is special to me because she was a real life friend before she was a blog friend.  Now that she lives states away from me - her blog is a great way for me to keep up with her - plus she has such wonderful taste and is always sharing innovative and creative projects.  Check out her Fabric covered button earrings...



























and this is how she decorated her living room wall - she created Contact paper wallpaper!  Amazing!



























And I know I've featured this Recovered chair before - but I just love the colors and patterns she chose!

































Sarah over at Auburn Street and I met through blogging and our mutual friend (above!) and even managed to get a puppy playdate in for our pups while she lived here in Grand Rapids.  This summer she packed up and moved to Chicago - what an exciting place to be!  Before she left though, I was excited to stop in and support her at her first craft show here in town, Bizzarre Bazaar.  She makes the most wonderfully repurposed envelopes and stationary...



























She's in the midst of getting her apartment set up, and improvsed this Chalkboard calendar.  So clever!


Gabrielle at i craft at Bee Wise Bags is such an inspiration to me as a crafter and businesswoman.  I'm amazed at how much she juggles!  I just love these fabric Hair clips...

























and she spent a lot of summer getting her garden ready for a Garden tour - and boy did it look spectacular!

























Lollychops has been a favorite crafty blogger of mine since I first discovered the world of blogging.  Her projects are always so detailed and thought out, and so well done.  I'm absolutely in love with these Necklaces she's been making lately...

























and check out this Messenger bag using stencils.  Sooooo pretty!

























Abby over at Steinway Street was also a real friend before we started blogging - she and I spent a summer together at Interlochen Arts Camp back in high school - where we were the coolest campers, ever!  It's true!  I know I posted her Coffee filter wreath from the beginning of summer before, but I just love it!

























I about died when I saw these Rock monsters!  They are so ridiculously cute!  Take a peak at Abby's post about them to see what she ended up doing with them - so cool!

























My favorite knitter Marie has had a busy (and stressful!) summer, but I always love checking in with her over at Permission to Unwind.  She always shares such beautiful photos of the projects she's working on.  I wish I had half the knitting talent and mojo that she has!




























Jane at Maiden Jane is my go to blogger for all things sewing related.  I just love all of her totes - she and her daughter are so creative and talented.  Check out this Placemat bag for example...

and you know I love her Oversized beach totes.  This polka dotted one is so fun!



































My Cupkins cohort Meg at MegaCrafty has been busy as well.  I was absolutely amazed by her glass etching projects this summer.  Check out this Etched glass vase/candle holder.  So beautiful!



























And she had a wonderful to make a "Scrapbox" for her husband - a runner - to commerarate all of his races.  It was such a neat idea - I love the way it turned out.  What a great gift!




























Oh, and if you haven't been over to her Halloween blog, MegaSpooky, yet - you must.  Meg is crazy for Halloween and has amazing ideas, decorations and projects.  Head over there to get inspired!

So tell me - what have YOU been up to this summer?  Leave a link to your favorite project!  Happy Friday!

6 comments:

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

Hi Joanne, Thanks for the link! I can't wait to check out some of the other projects from all these blog ladies- they look fantastic!

Wow.

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

You are sooooo... sweet! These are all really great features! Thanks for including me,have a great Fall!!!

angelina la dawn said...

thanks for all the love! you always find the best projects :)

Maiden Jane said...

Joanne, I am honored that you included my projects in your summer wrap up! There are so many amazing, talented, crafty women out there - including you!

LollyChops said...

Thanks so much for the feature Joanne! What a terrific roundup!

HUGS!

Unknown said...

a belated thank you for the link up, darling. you are the sweetest!